- If you observe smoke or fire, activate the fire alarm using a manual pull station.
- If you are in a lab, secure any hazardous materials or equipment before you leave.
- EVACUATE the building at the nearest exit.
- When evacuating, use the closest stairs. DO NOT use elevators.
- Notify emergency personnel of persons with disabilities who are unable to evacuate.
- As you exit, move to designated assembly area that is a safe distance away.
- Do not re-enter until notified by emergency personnel.
NOTE: It is a violation of state taw to ignore a sounding fire alarm.