- Sunday: Know Your Risk – Water and Wind
- Monday: Prepare Before Hurricane Season, Know Your Zone, Storm Surge
- Tuesday: Understand Forecast Info, High Winds
- Wednesday: Get Moving When a Storm Threatens, Inland Flooding
- Thursday: Stay Protected During Storms, Tornadoes
- Friday: Use Caution After Storms, Rip Currents
- Saturday: Take Action Today
The week of April 30 – May 6 is Hurricane Preparedness Week.
Hurricanes are not just a coastal problem. Their impacts can be felt hundreds of miles inland, and significant impacts can occur without it being a major hurricane. With hurricane season starting June 1, the UNC-Chapel Hill Emergency Management and Planning department encourages the campus community to prepare for a potential land-falling tropical storm or hurricane.
Daily public information statements on various hurricane preparedness topics will be posted throughout the week on the UNC Emergency Management and Planning website.