Emergency Action Plan
The purpose of the Emergency Action Plan, or EAP, is to protect campus building occupants and visitors from serious injury, property loss and/or loss of life in the event of an actual or potential emergency.
In the event of an emergency, this EAP describes the initial responsibilities and actions to be taken by all faculty and staff to protect all building occupants and/or visitors until the appropriate University or emergency responders take over.
What is in the EAP?
- Reporting Emergencies – Learn options to report emergencies.
- Emergency Notification System – Learn how the University communicates with you during an emergency utilizing the Alert Carolina Emergency Notification System.
- Evacuation and Shelter-In-Place Procedures – Learn key actions to take if you must evacuate a building or shelter-in-place.
- Disabilities and Special Needs Procedures – Learn evacuation procedures and guidelines for persons with disabilities, along with how you can help individuals with disabilities evacuate.
- Response to Specific Hazards – Learn response actions to take for potential hazards that may impact campus.
- And more!
If you have any questions about the EAP, please contact the Office of Emergency Management and Planning at email@example.com.